Monday, January 14, 2013

{25 Days of Christmas: Day 20}

Our book for the day was Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear! by Don and Audrey Wood. 


When I was younger one of my favorite books was The Little Mouse, the Red Ripe Strawberry and the Big Hungry Bear and I can remember our parent's reading it to us over and over again. I saw they had come out with a Christmas version and knew I wanted to add it to our collection. It is just as cute as the original and Christopher and I both enjoyed reading it!

Our activity for the day was to make a bow wreath and paint with bows. First up was the bow wreath. Before we did this activity I took a paper plate and cut the middle out. I then brought up a bag full of bows and let Christopher pick out a few (I think picking them out was one of his favorite parts!). Take off the back stick them to the plate and voila... a bow wreath! If you want to display somewhere around the house just punch a hole in the plate and use a ribbon or yarn to hang.



Next up was painting with a bow. To say our son doesn't like to get his fingers messy is the understatement of the world right now. Anytime he gets anything on them he wants it wiped off, immediately. To try and avoid paint all over his hands, which would lead to him not wanting to do anymore, I got a clothespin and put the bow on the end so his little fingers would be further away from the paint. Overall he had a great time, but did manage to get some paint on his fingers. No worries, he just had Daddy take over and told him which color he wanted him to paint with.


Telling Daddy, "Red," or "Green"
The finished product

Both of these projects were simple and we already had the supplies here, which is always a plus! I had done these both while teaching preschool but got the idea to put the bow on the painting for display from Share and Remember.

In case you are just joining us, here is the post with all the Christmas books.

No comments:

Post a Comment