This year we are starting a new tradition of counting down to Christmas with 25 books and activities. I started making a list of Christmas books a few months ago and pulled out all the Christmas books that we already had. 25 books sounds like a lot, so if it's your first year and you don't have many just choose a lower number and build up to the 25. Other cheap/free resources to get books are thrift stores, Scholastic flyers, yard sales, gift cards, put on wish lists and of course, borrow some from the library or better yet swap with some friends!
After starting with a list of 70+ Christmas books I finally narrowed it down to "25ish" (I love books and Christopher loves reading so I had to throw in a few extras!!). I tried to pick books that I knew would interest Christopher or books that weren't too long for him. Here's our 25...
- The Story of Christmas by Patricia A. Pingry
- Jesus, Me and My Christmas Tree by Crystal Bowman
- 10 Trim-the-Tree'ers by Janet Schulman
- I-Spy Little Christmas by Jean Marzollo
- Dear Santa by Rod Campbell
- What is Christmas? by Michelle Medlock Adams
- J is for Jesus by Crystal Bowman
- Curious George, Curious About Christmas by H.A. Rey
- It's Christmas David! by David Shannon
- Llama, Llama Holiday Drama by Anna Dewdney
- If You Take a Mouse to the Movies by Laura Numeroff
- Dream Snow by Eric Carle
- How to Build a Snowman by Scholastic Inc.
- Let it Snow by Maryann Cocca-Leffler
- Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner and That's Not My Snowman by Fiona Watt
- Jingle Bells by Veronica Vasylenko
- The Gingerbread Man by Catherine McCafferty
- Christmas in the Manger by Nola Buck and Who is Coming to Our House? by Joseph Slate
- Merry Christmas, Big Hungry Bear! by Don and Audrey Wood
- One Shining Star: A Christmas Counting Book by Anne Vittur Kennedy
- Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Karma Wilson
- The Night Before the Night Before Christmas by Natasha Wing
- Little Critter's the Night Before Christmas by Mercer Mayer
- A Christmas Prayer by Amy Parker and The First Christmas: A Book and Playset by Kregel Kidzone
Follow along and join in too :) Tomorrow, after some much needed sleep, I will post about how our first day went!