Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{25 Days of Christmas: Day 2}

Our book for today was Jesus, Me, and My Christmas Tree by Crystal Bowman



I love this book not only because of it's simple rhymes, beautiful illustrations and the fact that the book itself is shaped like a Christmas tree, but because of the story of Christ's birth told through using ornaments on the tree. It's a great way to take a fun tradition and reflect it back on the true reason for the season!

Our first activity for today was a felt Christmas tree with felt ornaments. I'm looking forward to playing with this all of December and for many Decembers to come! Due to some traveling, and forgetting to take a picture, I can't post a picture of our felt tree but will make sure to post it ASAP because... I LOVE it! Here are some sites that helped inspire it:
Johnny in a Dress
The Mother Huddle
Empty Bobbin
I Can Teach My Child

*UPDATE PICTURES OF OUR FELT TREE
Hoping to add more ornaments and gifts next year
Made the little man a car ornament
Our second activity was a Christmas light color match. This activity was inspired by Tons of Fun and since I couldn't get her download to work I made one myself. I wanted to do more colors, since Christopher already knows these six and I was hoping to practice some others, but I didn't have any pink, grey, black or brown pom-poms so I kept it simple this year. He did a lot better than I expected but really just wanted to put the pom-poms in their little container and carry them around :)




In case you are just joining us, here is the post with all the Christmas books.

No comments:

Post a Comment