Tuesday, December 4, 2012

{25 Days of Christmas: Day 3}

Our third book was 10 Trim-the-Tree'ers by Janet Schulman


During my last year of teaching I got the book 10 Trick-or-Treaters from the Scholastic flyer and thought it was adorable. When I found out there was a Christmas version I knew I wanted to check it out. In this book 10 little kids are decorating a tree and with them you count all the beautiful decorations 1-10.

Our activity for the day was coloring wrapping paper! I bought 2 yards of plain white butcher paper and let Christopher decorate it with crayons and stickers. Lately he has been loving stickers and asks for, "More stickies!" We both spent some time coloring, putting stickers on the paper and talking about what we're going to do with our giant picture. I'm hoping, since that's a lot of paper to decorate for a little man, that we can pull it out several times over the next few weeks to have it be nice and beautiful.

I have to color that spot, way over there!
It wasn't too long before he asked where the "stickies" were.

After we're finished decorating I'm going to use it to wrap one present for each person we're giving gifts too, that way they'll have special wrapping paper made just for them.

In case you are just joining us, here is the post with all the Christmas books.

No comments:

Post a Comment